If you know someone who has hit one hundred years, it’s time to party! Living for a century is worthy of a huge celebration. Whether it’s your parent, grandparent, great-grandparent, you need to make this a memorable one. Don’t scrimp on the guest list, the food, drinks, favors, or the décor. With someone turning 100, our birthday decorations will set the right tone.
Not many people get to see the number 100. Milestone birthday decorations and supplies with three digits on them should dominate your party. Everyone there should be aware of the magnitude of this celebration. Use the confetti, tableware, centerpieces, and balloons from the “100” generic birthday decorations theme to add a vibrant touch to this massive celebration.
Tips for Throwing the Best 100th Birthday Ever!
There is a wide variety of ways you can show your love and respect for the life and times of your guest of honor. Get all of her friends and family together in one place, even if they have to travel. It is a landmark worth going the distance. Then throw them the best party out of the last 99:
- Invite everyone you can think of. Your 100-year-old guest will appreciate having a full house. They have lived long enough to have accumulated a plethora of relationships. And although sadly, they may have outlived many of them, you should be able to find plenty of family and friends to invite. Include all the younger generations to achieve a variety of ages at the party.
- For year 100, generic birthday decorations are a fabulous way to liven up the space for the party. You want this occasion to be as festive as possible; it is a celebration of life. Use the theme coasters, napkins, plates and balloons to create an air of cheerfulness and joy. The bright colors and loud patterns are just the thing to put the pep in the party. You also want to remind everyone why this day is so momentous. So throw in a lot of items with the number 100. Purchase plenty of the 100 confetti, foil glasses, and headbands with 100s on springs for all the guests to wear. You can even put the 100 cascade centerpiece on each table and hang the birthday whirls from the ceiling. With all of these great “100” generic birthday decorations, the ambience of the event will be just right.
- Have some activities planned to honor the age of the birthday guy. Create trivia questions about his life as well as the past 100 years in general. Print the questions and glue them to colorful postcards and divide them up amongst the tables. Have guests call out their questions and answers. The guest of honor will have a chance to reminisce and everyone else will learn things about him that they never knew.
- This party is all about the birthday gal, so find out what her favorite dishes and drinks have been throughout the years. Try to find out what she ate as a child, as an adult, as a young mother, and now. Serve a variety of her favorite foods for all the guests to enjoy. Of course, include her most cherished drinks and desserts as well.
- Create a “this is your life” display to honor all the accomplishments the birthday guy has achieved over the years. This is best done in secret and presented as a surprise to him the day of. Raid his photo albums and those of others close to him to find pictures, newspaper clippings, and other mementos. Create a timeline and post the items on display board from his birth up to year 100. He will appreciate the effort and the trip down memory lane. Your guests will be enthralled by the breadth and depth of the guest of honor’s long life.
- When throwing this party, just keep in mind what a big deal it is. A century is a long time and most people don’t make it through one entirely, so pull out all the stops and throw a fiesta to remember. With 100 generic birthday decorations, your creativity and your guest of honor surrounded by love, it should be nothing short of spectacular!