"75" milestone decorations organized by theme.
75th Birthday Party Decorations
Turning 75 is a major event and so is planning the perfect celebration. Keep in mind the activity level of the guest of honor and try to incorporate their special likes and interests. Was he or she a great dancer when they were young and do they still like to take a twirl around the dance floor? Perhaps you could hold the party at a restaurant or club with a live band that will play music from their favorite era. When holding your party at a venue such as this your decorations should focus on centerpieces, banners and balloons as the restaurant will have all the dishes and party wear that you need.
Seventy Five Milestone Decoration Themes
Our "Life is Great" and "Aged to Perfection" Birthday party themes both have elements of 75, however think of ordering some of our customizable banners and yard signs such as those in our "Balloon Brights" theme. While they don't specifically come printed with 75 it's easy to purchase your own stickers and numbers to make them more personal. Don't be afraid to mix and match party themes.The bright colors make it easy to add decorations from other themes and make your own custom package.
"75" Birthday Ideas
When planning a 75th birthday for a friend or loved one, you want to make it as special as possible. Here are some great ideas to get you started:
- When choosing a gift, think WAY outside the box. A great idea is to create a "Coupon" book and include things like "One free batch of cookies" or "Good for One lawn mowing" gutter cleaning, flowerbed weeding etc. Most older people appreciate the gift of your time most of all and they will love spending it with you.
- Create a book of "What I learned from..." Have family and friends relate some fun things they've learned from the birthday person. These can range from serious to the completely hysterical... "Mom taught me that it's not good to mix up the salt and sugar when making cookies" Or "Dad taught me to always put a pan under the car when changing the oil" This is a great way to share warm, wonderful and sometimes funny memories.
- Consider a "this is your life" theme. Invite guests from your guest of honor's past without telling them and have them surprise them by reading a special memory of their time together.If they can't attend the party have them write a note that can be read during the celebration.
- Create a fun trivia game from your birthday honoree's life. Questions could include things like "What was Joe's first car?" or Where did Mary go to elementary school?" Make sure you do your research so that you have all the correct answers. Not only will your guest of honor have fun reminiscing but your party guests are sure to learn a great deal about them.
How to Create a Memorable Shindig with the 75 Generic Birthday Decorations
- To create a classy and fun affair using the 75 generic birthday decorations, start with the Gleam ‘n Burst and Cascade Centerpieces. Both are bright, shiny, and well-adorned with the magic number. Alternate them at tables for variety and throw a few onto the food and gift tables just for fun. Add to the all the tables a scattering of 75 Multicolored Confetti for a nearly complete look. Hang the 75 birthday whirls from the ceiling all over the room and your guests will be seeing “75s” everywhere. To all this festive decoration, add in some solid colors. Red, yellow, blue, green or purple tablecloths, napkins, plates, cups, and utensils complement the rest of the décor nicely.
- If your birthday guest of honor is a lady, make it all about her. Serve her favorite foods, her favorite drinks, music from her favorite era or genre, and when planning activities and gifts, keep her interests in mind. If she has always been an animal lover, why not bring in a traveling petting zoo? You can hire groups to come in and set up a zone with goats, sheep, ponies, and other farm animals. Guests of any age will be unable to resist getting in there. If she is an outdoorsy type, hold the event outside with tents for shade and lawn games for everyone to play. If she is more sophisticated and refined, hold a classic tea party with fancy little sandwiches, petit fours, and of course, an assortment of teas. The great thing about the 75 generic birthday decoration is that they go with any theme.
- If your 75th birthday guest of honor is a gentleman, celebrate his past and accomplishments. Create a memory board to display pictures, newspaper clippings, and any other mementos from his life. Use cardboard to create a poster in the shape of a large 75. Hang the 75 on the wall at the party and cover it with the pictures and other memories that both you and the other guests have found. You could make the number 75 really big and use the seven for pictures and mementos. Leave the five blank and place brightly colored markers next to it. Ask your guests as they arrive to write birthday greetings on it as well as their favorite memories of the birthday boy. This 75 poster will make a great conversation piece as well as a thoughtful gift that the guest of honor can take home. He will undoubtedly feel loved and appreciated.
- If your birthday girl or guy has a sense of humor, ask your guests to bring gag gifts. They mostly don’t really need gifts, so this is a great way to have fun. For someone at the accomplished age of 75, the best types of gags are those gifts that are for someone much younger. Tell your guests to pretend they are buying a present for a teenager: a miniskirt, ridiculously trendy accessories, and so on. Each gift she or he opens should have your party rolling with laughter. Continuing the gag theme, choose witty napkins from the 75 generic birthday decorations set. With sayings like “age is just a number, and I’m unlisted,” “I’m not aging, I’m evolving,” and “women rarely admit their age, men rarely act theirs,” you will complete the humorous feel of your event.
However you decide to style your 75th birthday party, it needs to be special. For turning 75, generic birthday decorations make any event distinct. The décor sets the mood and from there you can add in personal touches, activities, and gifts to make it the best party ever.