This “Blush Dots” party theme is a fun and feminine way to celebrate your birthday in style. Rather than a birthday theme emphasizing your age, choose one that makes you feel fresh and flirty! These pink dots against a chocolate brown background almost seem like something you might find at the birthday party of a young girl. Pick this party theme to help express your inner youth.
Here, you can get everything you need to dress up a room for a celebration - plates, cups, plastic cutlery, and napkins in brown with blush pink dots, along with solid baby pink and ivory colored table covers, streamers, and balloons just to round things out.
Rather than write this off as “just another birthday” be sure to treat it like the special occasion that it is, by decorating in a way that reflects your inner diva. These flashy colors in classic patterns are a great way to say, “5, 15, or 50, I’ve still got great taste!”
Blush Dots Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Okay, so now that you have chosen your Blush Dots party theme, here are a few ideas to step up your party and take it to a whole new level of fabulous!
- Buy a bunch of those disposable plastic wine / champagne / generic stemmed glasses from your local department store. Once you get the RSVPs to the party, decorate a glass for each guest with stick-on pink jewels, pink glitter, and pink paint. At the party, serve blush wine in the glasses to go with your blush dots theme. At the end of the party, your guests can take their decorated glasses home or throw them out. If you are very determined to have your guests take them home as souvenirs to remember the sheer awesomeness that was your Blush Dots themed Birthday Bash Extravaganza; then you buy just buy a box or two of the plastic ones that are meant to be used regularly, rather than buying disposable glasses.
- It’s a Blush Dots party right? So, a fun activity to go with your stylish theme might be to do makeovers like you did at slumber parties when you were younger- sparing not a single brush stroke on the blush, of course. Even if you look ridiculous at the end of the night, at least you will have had fun doing so!
- 2 Words. Laughter Yoga. Laughter Yoga is a quick way to get your faces flushed the same color as the blush dots adorning your decorations - with laughter. This type of yoga does not require the physical prowess of traditional yoga, but rather, it is a set of exercises designed to get people laughing and having fun. You will certainly laugh off your cake and ice cream - even though birthday calories don’t count.
- Make a cake to match the blush dots on chocolate brown color of the decorations. Start with a white or yellow cake, and make it according to the directions. Be sure to include a few drops of red food coloring to turn the batter pink. Bake the cake, and then frost it with chocolate icing. Use red and pink sprinkles to garnish the cake with blush dots. This cake will not only look chic along with your decorations, but the pink inside will be a fun surprise for the birthday boy or girl and his or her guests!
- Another option for a fun activity at your party, as well as a killer souvenir, would be to make Blush Dot T-shirts. On your RSVP Cards, as for T-shirt size. Once you have the list, go to a craft store, where they sell plain T-shirts for fairly cheap. Purchase chocolate brown T-shirts for all of your guests and various shades of pink felt. Also, grab some double sided iron on interfacing. At the party, your guests can cut out as many or as few felt blush dots as they want, then use the interfacing to iron them on to their T-shirts. If you really want to go all out - buy some puffy paint, pink of course, preferably sparkly pink - and write “So-and-so’s 50th Birthday” on them.